“Like a lot of people in my generation, I was really inspired by you and by your campaign and the message that you brought, and that inspiration is dying away. It feels like the American dream is not attainable to a lot of us, is the American dream dead for me?” —Ted BrassfieldThe American Dream is essentially Dead and Barry Hussein Soetoro killed it on purpose.
The American Dream essentially was the promise of upward social and economic mobility irrespective of one’s station in life or bloodline.
In other words, the dream was that one could achieve anything, based on ones intellect, ingenuity and the sweat of one’s brow.
In the president’s weekend CNBC staged town hall meeting, he attempted to defer all blame from himself and his Party and place that blame squarely on his political foes.
However if one remembers Sen. Soetoro campaigned for the presidency on the theme of the death of the American dream, don’t you remember? He told Americans that we could no longer drive the car’s that we wanted, eat the food that we want and air condition our homes the way that we want and the rest of the world would stand by and be OK with that.
What the Senator Soetoro was advocating for was a more austere America, one with less energy, less jobs and less dreams. (:35sec video)
Senator Soetoro also threatened to bankrupt coal producing energy companies in the United States. If his threat is realized another 200,000 Americans will be out of work . (see 1:33min video)
Since Soetoro has been president he has put a “cap” on the American dream and “traded” it away by his trillions of dollars of spending, not only taking the American dream away from you and me but taking it away from our children our children’s children. For example, American Thinker's Randall Hoven points out the following:
* Obama's stimulus, passed in his first month in office, will cost more than the entire Iraq War -- more than $100 billion (15%) more.
* Just the first two years of Obama's stimulus cost more than the entire cost of the Iraq War under President Bush, or six years of that war.
* Iraq War spending accounted for just 3.2% of all federal spending while it lasted.
* Iraq War spending was not even one quarter of what we spent on Medicare in the same time frame.
* Iraq War spending was not even 15% of the total deficit spending in that time frame. The cumulative deficit, 2003-2010, would have been four-point-something trillion dollars with or without the Iraq War.
* The Iraq War accounts for less than 8% of the federal debt held by the public at the end of 2010 ($9.031 trillion).
* During Bush's Iraq years, 2003-2008, the federal government spent more on education that it did on the Iraq War. (State and local governments spent about ten times more.) (see source)
The President needs to stop lying about what he inherited was the cause of the mess we are in. On the contrary, it is what Soetoro and Democrats did when he and they gained power that caused this mess. They knew that the country didn’t have any money yet they spent trillions anyway to get us into this crisis.
The President and the Democrats spending spree was not for job creation as he promised it was advancing the most social Liberal agenda in the history of the United States.
President Soetoro’s Party and policies are making things worst, not better, in America. Everyone knows it! If you don’t then maybe the fact that, the president’s entire economic team, the one that came up with the stimulus plan, just quit. Every last one!
Things are so bad under Soetoro’s watch that in his staged CNBC town hall meeting people who voted for him and support him are asking him this question, “ Is the American Dream dead for me?” (see 1:57min Video)
Yes Virginia, with what Democrats have done to this country since they have been in total control, the American Dream is Dead for us all! Though president Soetoro tells Ted Brassfield different the reality is what Mr. Brassfield has stated. After trillions of failed stimulus. Stimulus one, two and three there are no jobs.
To prevent furthering the damage we must vote all Democrats and RINOs out in 2010 and 2012.