President Obama's order to his Cabinet secretaries today to spend that stimulus money faster was an acknowledgement of reality. The stimulus is not working.—Brit HumeThe economy is in trouble and Barack Obama is panicked and scrambling to look in control. Why? Because he doesn’t have President Bush around to blame, silly! In addition to that, what’s ailing our economy today is all the result of a Democrat controlled Congress and a Democrat President. That’s why today he ordered that the stimulus moneys to be spent faster.
It’s been reported by Americans for Tax Reform that thus far 43.7 Billion dollars of the Democrat passed $787 billion stimulus has been spent and 1.5 to 2million jobs have been lost since the Feb. 17, 2009 signing of the “stimulus” bill. If this continues it is reported that the whole $787 stimulus plan could be in jeopardy. Brit Hume explains. (see story)(see video)
All who opposed the Democrat pork spending last year and early this year, warned the Democrat that using tax payers money to fund their special pork barrel projects in the middle of a recession was the wrong thing to do but Democrats did it anyways. Democrats loaded up Obama Economic Recovery bill like a Christmas Tree full of money for projects back at their home states. You recall what the Democrats earmarked for the stimulus plan don’t you?
Here allow me refresh your memory:
• The plan has more than $3 billion in “neighborhood stabilization” and Community Development Block Grant funding, much of which may go to benefit ACORN, a low-income housing and voter registration “community” organization that is under federal investigation for its suspicious voter registration practices.
• $1.3 billion to bailout AMTRAK, the perennial money-loser railroad.
• $1 billion for educational programs, including courses on sexually transmitted diseases.
• $30 million for restoration of wetlands to be spent in the San Francisco Bay Area – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s district. The money will go in part to protect the endangered salt marsh harvest mouse.
• $200 million for a low-pollution, coal-fired power plant in President Barack Obama’s home state of Illinois.
• $45 million for ATV four-wheeler trails, and government office renovations, according to RNC Chairman Michael Steele.
• $200 million to provide computers to community colleges.
• $50 million for the National Endowment of the Arts.
• Over $650 million in coupons to help consumers buy digital TV converter-box coupons.
• A reported $300 million for hybrid vehicles and electric-powered cars. According to the Washington Times, this item will include buying golf carts for federal workers. (previous post)
You remember Obama arrogantly defending this kind of pork barrel spending suggesting that spend tax payers money in this way was the point, In other words this kind of Democrat special project spending and growing government would stimulate the economy. Boy was he ever wrong. (see video)
Also the point is, very large portions of the stimulus moneys is scheduled on the back end of the stimulus recovery bill so that it can be spent during election years. Of course Mr. Obama and members of his Party are planning to use that money to con you into reelecting them in 2010 and 2012 very clever, yes?
Finally Democrat and Senate Finance Committee, Chairman Max Baucus alerts us that every time Mr. Obama or one of his proxies, like tax cheat and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, open one of their mouths to claim jobs saved or jobs created they will be engaging in a bald face lie because there is no earthly discernable way to determine a job saved or lost. Following is Senator Baucus statement to Timothy Geithner on the made up farce of jobs saved or jobs lost:
You created a situation where you cannot be wrong," said the Montana Democrat. "If the economy loses two million jobs over the next few years, you can say yes, but it would've lost 5.5 million jobs. If we create a million jobs, you can say, well, it would have lost 2.5 million jobs. You've given yourself complete leverage where you cannot be wrong, because you can take any scenario and make yourself look correct."2 million jobs lost in six months. Unemployment up 9.4% when Obama promised that passing the 787Billion dollar stimulus package would keep unemployment at 8% and below, and spending tax payers money on frivolous pork barrel spending all are signs that we are in economic trouble exacerbated by the failed fiscal policies of Barack Obama and a Democrat controlled Congress.
Now, something's wrong when the president invokes a formula that makes it impossible for him to be wrong and it goes largely unchallenged. It's true that almost any government spending will create some jobs and save others. But as Milton Friedman once pointed out, that doesn't tell you much: The government, after all, can create jobs by hiring people to dig holes and fill them in.
If the "saved or created" formula looks brilliant, it's only because Mr. Obama and his team are not being called on their claims.—Democrat Senator Max Baucus (see source)
Mr. Obama’s promise to spend the money faster is not going to fix what wrong with our economy America.
It’s the JOBS stupid! But not government temporary low paying jobs that your administration is going to make. No Mr. Obama , what this economy needs are the middle class jobs that the Congress of the United States of America has been allowing Corporations to outsource to India and China for decades for cheater labor while they were shutting down American manufacturing.
If the American people don’t have good paying jobs, then no amount of bailout, no trillion dollar stimulus package and no promised phony government fix is going to work.
And this time there is no one to blame but a Democrat!