Friday, May 08, 2009

Republicans didn’t leave Specter, Specter left Republicans. But Democrats did!

I have traveled the State, talked to Republican leaders and office-holders and my supporters and I have carefully examined public opinion. It has become clear to me that the stimulus vote caused a schism which makes our differences irreconcilable.

On this state of the record, I am unwilling to have my twenty-nine year Senate record judged by the Pennsylvania Republican primary electorate. I have not represented the Republican Party.
—Alren Specter (D) Pennsylvania
Political expediency can prove to be very tricky maneuvering. Alren Specter left the Republican Party for the self ascribed reason that his political career was much too important to allow Republicans in the Republican primary to decide his highly esteemed political fate.

Translation; For years I, Alren Specter have been an unfaithful Republican voting against Republican interest whenever I felt the need to express my liberal leanings. My latest backstabbing antic? I am one of only three Republicans to vote passage for the Obama $838 Billion Dollar Stimulus package, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe were the other two RINO’s who voted for it. Without our votes Mr. Obama never would have been able to put the country into trillion dollars of debt.(see story)

So just because I hardly ever vote to uphold the Republican Party some lame Pennsylvania Republicans are trying to hold me accountable for my treachery but I won’t let them to it. I won’t I say! And because I’m too damned important to allow Pennsylvania Republican voters to decide my fate I’m telling Republicans to kiss off! (see video)



Well how quickly the worm turns. After being formally welcomed by Mr. Obama and the White House to the Democrat Party and after being promised by Senate Majority leader Harry Reid that he would maintain his overall seniority in the Senate Senator Arlen Specter was stripe of his seniority by vote of the remaining Democrat Senators giving Specter what amounts to the seniority of a freshman Senator. (see story)

Now far be it from me to gloat but after years of poking Republicans in the eye with his consist undermining of Republican positions. Then to top it off after being faced with his political mortality as a consequence for his own reckless political caucusing Specter lied when he said the Republican Party left him. The Party didn’t leave him, Specter is a political user he used the Republican Party to exact his own brand of “guess which Party I belong to.”
By Sunday, on NBC's "Meet the Press," Specter was asked about Reid's assurance. "That's an entitlement. I've earned the seniority," Specter said. "I will be treated by the Democrats as if I'd been elected as a Democrat."--David Paul Kuhn
A funny thing happened on the way to the front of the Democrat seniority line Tuesday night, the Democrats in the Senate voted to strip Specter of his seniority. Specter has served in the Senate for twenty-nine years. The vote, as stated before, left him with the power of a freshman.

The all important, all mighty, the center of the American Senate, Arlen Specter now is the equivalent of a Democrat freshman with dim to no chance of winning the Democrat primary.

And Democrats say that there is no God! Well my faith is renewed! Republicans didn’t leave Specter he left them. But Democrats, they left Specter as well they should have.

Specter left the Republican Party to save his political career only to have Democrats deliver what will enviably be the final coup de grace to twenty-nine years of political treachery.

I’d say that there is a God Mr. Obama and He answers prayers! And don't worry Mr. Obama on the National Day of prayer, I prayed a special prayer for you too!

2 comments:

  1. "
    Specter left the Republican Party to save his political career only to have Democrats deliver what will enviably be the final coup de grace to twenty-nine years of political treachery."


    Treachery is the one thing that
    all politicians do best, especially
    in the coming of the NWO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:45 PM

    My heart Bleeds Purple peanut Butter For Him!

    ReplyDelete