Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Obama: Christianity Again

This is a country that is still predominately Christian but we have Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Atheists, Agnostics, Buddhists and that their own path to grace is one that we have to revere and respect as much as our own and that’s part of makes this country what it is. —Barry Hussein Soetoro
An ever increasing number of Americans doubt that president Barry Hussein Soetoro is a Christian they believe he is Muslim. That is a negative in a midterm election year when all the president’s trillion dollar economic fixes have failed. In addition the majority of the American people is rejecting the social agenda the president and his fellow Democrats forced on the American people.

Therefore, like all Democrats the president is attempting to get a do over. Democrats always get to do, do-overs. First running for the presidency Sen. Barry Hussein Soetoro claimed that America is no longer a Christian nation. Later as the newly elected president, Soetoro visited the country of Turkey and told Muslims that America doesn’t consider itself a Christian nation. (see 2:57min video)

Obama Christianity





I’m a Christian by choice. My family didn’t…frankly; they weren’t folks who went to church every week. My mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew but she didn’t raise me in the church.
So I came to my Christian faith later in life. And it was because of the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to led, ‘Being by brothers and sisters keeper, treating others as they would treat me.’ I think also understanding that Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have as human beings, that we’re sinful and flawed, and we make mistakes and that we achieve salvation through the grace of God.
But what we can do as flawed as we are is still see God in other people and do our best to help them find their own grace.
And so that’s what I strive to do, that’s what I pray to do every day. I think my public service is part of the effort to express my Christian faith.
But the one thing that I want to emphasize having spoken about something that obviously relates to me very personally. As president of the United States, I’m also someone who deeply believes that part of the bedrock strength of this country is that it embraces people of many faiths and of no faith.
This is a country that is still predominately Christian but we have Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Atheists, Agnostics, Buddhists and that their own path to grace is one that we have to revere and respect as much as our own and that’s part of makes this country what it is.—Barry Hussein Soetoro

Because this is an election year, the president suddenly realizes that America is predominately a Christian country but that is not what he always believed. (see 18 sec video)

No longer a Christian Nation





Then the president tells the Muslim world that America doesn’t consider itself a Christian Country (see 1:36min video)

We don’t consider ourselves a Christian Nation





It’s interesting how an election year can refocus the political mind. First, this president claimed that we are no longer a Christian nation and now he realizes that he we are predominantly a Christian country.

It is indeed interesting that after a Harvard law education it took 20 months in the presidency and the prospect of losing control of both the House, the Senate and a possible lost in the 2012 presidential race to give the president a teachable moment about the nature of the religious make up of this country.

1 comment:

  1. Maobama is a Christian?. He is more like a chameleon.

    ReplyDelete